Already have a Username/Password for the JMIR Publications family of journals (Journal of Medical Internet Research [JMIR], JMIR Research Protocols, Medicine 2.0 Proceedings, interactive Journal of Medical Research [i-JMR]?)
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
There are two submission tracks - I.) submission to specific partner conferences (call for abstracts published on this site), or II.) individual submissions from researchers having presented at a major peer-reviewed conference
I.) Submission to specific partner conferences (call for abstracts published on this site)
An abstract/paper/paper can be submitted in response to a call for abstract / papers for a specific conference, which is posted under Announcements - PLEASE REVIEW THE CALL FOR ABSTRACT / PAPERS BEFORE SUBMITTING A PAPER/ABSTRACT.
On submission, look for the name of the conference in the "journal sections" drop-down list.
II.) Individual submissions from researchers having presented at a major peer-reviewed conference
Starting in 2017, we will also accept individual submissions from researchers who wish to disseminate their poster or oral presentation presented at a major peer-reviewed conference.
On submission, pick the section "individual submissions" in the "journal sections" drop-down list.
- Submit your abstract using the metadata submission form (copy & paste your abstract into our form)
- Carefully complete the form filling in the complete author information for all co-authors. Make sure to add all coauthors into the form.
- Upload your Multimedia content as supplementary files. This could be a poster in a PDF format, a powerpoint/keynote presentation file, or/and an audio/video file.
- Upload at least 1 figure in PNG format which could for example be a screenshot from your powerpoint presentation or your poster
- As manuscript file upload a Word file with 1-2 sentences describing where the presentation was presented (conference name, date, location, URL), and mention all your figures and Multimedia Appendices ("Figure 1 shows ..."). Also describe the level of peer-review (e.g. "The abstract was reviewed by the Scientific Committee of the conference chaired by XXX.."). Add an "Acknowledgements" section if applicable, and add a line "Conflicts of Interest - None disclosed" (or describe any COIs as applicable)
All authors/coauthors should register for an ORCID before submission (http://orcid.org/register).
Submit your abstract / presentation material at http://iproc.org/author .
You will also be asked to provide the names and contact information for 3 potential reviewers, who should not be collaborators, colleagues or friends.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The submission has not been published before.
References are not to be included in the abstract
I understand that all author names and their affiliations for the final publication will be taken from the database (metadata form), not the submitted file, thus all author names must be entered in the metadata form during submission. Authors may remove author names from the manuscript if they prefer blind review.
P-values are reported in accordance with our instructions for authors.
Unless stated otherwise, all articles are open-access distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work ("first published in the Journal of Medical Internet Research...") is properly cited with original URL and bibliographic citation information. The complete bibliographic information, a link to the original publication on http://www.jmir.org/, as well as this copyright and license information must be included.